Orlando Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Orlando Bicycle Accident Lawyer - Certified As An Expert By The Florida Bar
We at First Choice Law have represented many people hurt by the fault of another while riding a bicycle. Did you know that the majority of bicycle crashes happen between the hours of 6pm and 9pm, regardless of the season?
We provide personal attention and a sincere commitment to your claim to get you fully compensated. We begin with a thorough investigation. including obtaining witness statements where possible and retaining a crash reconstructionist where necessary. Cyclists face uncertainty each time they ride on Central Florida’s busy roads. Often, drivers of cars or trucks who strike a cyclist are not respecting the fact that the cyclist has the same and equal rights to operating on a roadway as any another vehicle. We see where driver’s place their social lives above the safety of others, when they text and drive or otherwise engage in behavior that distracts them from the road. We understand that cyclists are more exposed and vulnerable than anyone else on the road. This is why we are committed to fighting for you if you or a loved one has been injured while riding a bicycle.
Common Injuries In Bicycle Accidents
This disparity in size, weight and speed between a motor vehicle and a bicycle and the little protection bike riders have, frequently cause long-life injuries or even death to a rider when an accident occurs. Among the many types of serious injuries people can have are:
- Brain injury (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal and neck injuries
Some of these injuries can have lifetime consequences impacting your personal and professional life. For this reason you need a highly experienced personal injury attorney on your side, who can seek fair compensation for your injuries.
Common Causes Of Bicycle Accidents In Orlando
There are many different circumstances that can lead to accidents involving cars and bicycles, but the ones we most often find among our clients are:
- distracted drivers;
- dangerous turns, where the driver swoops out wide or cuts the corner too closely;
- cars coming out or turning into driveways or business entrances and not paying attention to the cyclist;
- vehicles changing lanes;
- drivers fail to yield for bicyclists;
- uneven or damaged sidewalks;
- excessive speed
What To Do If You Are Hit By A Motor Vehicle While Riding Your Bicycle
If you are hit by a motor vehicle in Orlando or vicinity, stay calm and, aside from seeking emergency medical attention for your injuries, get the names and contact information of any witnesses, take photos of the scene and make a police report. Then, call First Choice Law and get attorneys Jason Recksiedler, esq. and Caroline Fischer Espi, esq., to begin immediately setting up the claim with the insurance company, securing your complete medical prognosis, and thoroughly investigating your crash to maximize your compensation. We have the legal experience and legal expertise you will need.
Tips To Prevent A Bicycle Accident
Our bicycle accident attorneys in Orlando are here to help you in your time of legal need. We truly care about your bicycle safety, which is why we encourage you to follow the NHTSA guidelines:
- Ride a bike that fits you—if it’s too big, it’s harder to control the bike.
- Ride a bike that works—it really doesn’t matter how well you ride if the brakes don’t work.
- Wear equipment to protect you and make you more visible to others, like a bike helmet, bright clothing (during the day), reflective gear, and a white front light and red rear light and reflectors on your bike (at night, or when visibility is poor).
- Ride one per seat, with both hands on the handlebars, unless signaling a turn.
- Carry all items in a backpack or strapped to the back of the bike.
- Tuck and tie your shoe laces and pant legs so they don’t get caught in your bike chain.
- Plan your route—if driving as a vehicle on the road, choose routes with less traffic and slower speeds. Your safest route may be away from traffic altogether, in a bike lane or on a bike path.
By Your Side When Injured In A Bicycle Accident
If you or a loved one has been injured while riding a bicycle because of the negligence of others, make the right choice, call us for a free consultation! Our Orlando bicycle accident lawyers will represent you to obtain fair compensation and help you move forward. Call us today at 321-999-1111 or use the online form located at the top of this page and we will contact you shortly.