Slip and Fall Accidents
Orlando Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
"Slip and fall" is a term used to identify a type of accident in which a person suffers injuries after tripping due to unsafe conditions of the premises. Injuries caused by this type of accidents may vary greatly and can include broken bones, injuries to internal organs, spine and head injuries.
Proving a Slip and Fall Accident Case
Proving liability in a slip and fall accident lawsuit requires the assistance of experienced lawyers. Your attorney must show that the property owner (or party responsible for maintaining the property) failed to take proper precautions to make slipping or tripping unlikely. Additionally, your legal team must demonstrate that you exercised reasonable care and that your own negligence was not the cause of the accident. A slip and fall accident attorney must therefore prove that the cause of the accident was a "dangerous condition" (one that presents a reasonable risk to a person) and that the owner / maintainer of the property should have known of the danger.
To establish liability in a slip and fall accident lawsuit, our lawyers must show:
- The owner or party responsible for maintenance created the condition.
- The owner/possessor knew or should have known the condition existed and negligently failed to correct it or adequately warn others.
- The condition existed for such a length of time that the responsible party should have discovered and corrected it prior to the slip and fall accident in question.
Which Damages may be Recovered in a Slip and Fall Claim?
Victims of trip and fall accidents in Florida may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills (present and future) needed to treat the injuries suffered as a result of the accident
- Lost wages (present and future)
- Pain and suffering
What to do After a Slip & Fall Accident
Trip and fall accidents can leave you with different types of injuries, including head injuries, broken bones or even spine injuries. When something like this happens because of the negligence of others, the victim can seek compensation. In order to bring a slip and fall claim and increase your chances of obtaining fair compensation, it's recommended that you:
- Identify what you slipped / tripped on
- Take photos of the scene of the accident and of your injuries
- Fill out an incident report If you were at a business
- Ask for a copy or take a copy of the incident report
- Get medical attention immediately
- Document everything you can: Who did you speak to? What shoes were you wearing? When did you go to a doctor? What are your injuries? Is this your first time at this location?
- Keep track of all expenses incurred due to the accident: medical bills, loss of income, etc.
- Keep the shoes you wore at the time of the accident
- Do not accept responsibility for the fall
- Contact First Choice Law at (321)999-1111
Get Help Right Now With Your Slip and Fall Accident Case
Our Orlando slip and fall accident and premises liability lawyers represent victims injured on residential, commercial, or government property. If you have been injured, contact our personal injury attorneys today at 321-999-1111 and schedule a free evaluation.
- What to do if I fall?
- What if the substance if a clear liquid?
- Did I slip and fall or did I trip and fall?
- What do I have to prove to win a slip and fall case?
- If I fall in a rented property, who is responsible?
- Can my behavior at the time of the fall negatively affect my slip and fall case?
- Do I have to have a permanent injury to recover pain and suffering damages in a slip and fall case?